Cold Cucumber Soup Recipe
This is my cold cucumber soup recipe.
It is fresh and great during the summer time or any other time when you feel like it...
The soup is quite popular in Israel although it is well known all over the Mediterranean.
You can serve it as a snack, an appetizer or even as a dessert.
(Enough for 4 people)
- 4 cups of plain yogurt
- 4-5 small cucumbers – sometimes those are called Persian cucumbers
- A handful of chopped dill
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Optional – about 20 raisins (my Persian grandmother used to add those for a sweet twist)
Chop the cucumbers & dill as small as you can.
- Pour the yogurt into a bowl.
- Chop the cucumbers into small pieces, and add to the yogurt.
- Add the dill, salt, and olive oil and mix well. If you like the idea of adding the raisins do it now too.
- Refrigerate for a few hours and serve cold.
This is a picture I took of the cucumber soup I made at home.
By the way, when it is hot outside you can also try a glass of the Israeli lemonade called limonana – very refreshing…
And an Israeli salad can also go very well with the above dish or on its own...
As we say in Hebrew, b-te-a-von! (Hebrew version of bon appetit)
Return from Cucumber Soup Recipe to the main Israeli food page
Return to the Home Page
Ask Us a Question About This Topic!
Or Share Something Cool!
Have a question about this Israel topic? Or a suggestion or tip? Maybe even a personal story to share?
Great! Just fill out the fields below and send us your submission...
Copyright 2008-2016 israel-travel-and-tours.com
Click here for the Site Policies