Israeli Recipes Link Page:
Most Popular Dishes from Israel
Here is a quick link page for all the Israeli recipes featured on my site. Please also check my main Israeli Food
page for more detailed information about food in the country and the
I added a few random pictures of food from Israel below to
get your appetite going…
Here is the list of quick links to each recipe on this site:
- Hummus: the most popular salad dish and a mainstay of the Israeli diet.
- Pita Bread: You will need a few of those with which to "wipe" the hummus.
- Tahini Sauce: ground sesame sauce that usually comes along with the hummus.
An Israeli buffet of salads and other dishes.
- Falafel: fried chick pea balls, usually served in a pita.
- Shawarma: beef, turkey or lamb – also usually in a pita.
- Israeli Salad: a fresh vegetable salad that goes with almost everything.
Sample Israeli salads & shnitzel. Picture by Shoshana.
- Baba Ghanoush: are you an eggplant lover? You will be...
- Shakshuka: simple to make and a delicious egg-tomatoes dish.
Shakshuka. Picture by Or Hiltch.
- Cholent / Hamin: the ultimate Jewish food for winter days.
- Shnitzel: chicken breast strips covered with bread crumbs.
- Couscous: A North African dish that was warmly adopted by Israelis.
Kabab & fries at one of Tel Aviv's beaches.
Return from Israeli Recipes to the main Israeli Food page
Return to the Home Page
Ask Us a Question About This Topic!
Or Share Something Cool!
Have a question about this Israel topic? Or a suggestion or tip? Maybe even a personal story to share?
Great! Just fill out the fields below and send us your submission...
Copyright 2008-2018 israel-travel-and-tours.com
Click here for the Site Policies