Here is a Jerusalem map for you, so you can see the locations of some of the major sites in the city:
View Jerusalem in a larger map
In the map of Jerusalem above you can see the following sites (from left to right):
- The Church of the Holy Sepulchre. A "sepulchre" (also spelled "sepulcher") means a burial vault, or simply put it is a room with a grave. It is believed by Christians that Jesus was buried in this place.
- The Via Dolorosa, the last road Jesus walked, carrying the cross.
- The Jewish Quarter, where you can find the Cardo Maximus and the Burnt House.
- The Western Wall, also known as the Wailing Wall or the Kotel (a Hebrew word meaning simply "the wall"). It is believed to be the only remains of the temple originally built by King Solomon. The wall is widely regarded as the holiest place in Judaism.
- The Dome of the Rock mosque, the oldest Islamic building in the world and perhaps Jerusalem's most well-known landmark.
- The Mount of Olives, which is actually a very good starting point for your Jerusalem tour. It gives you the perfect view of the old city. The mount is located east of the old city. You will also see Dominus Flevit and a few other churches located nearby here, not to mention the Gethsemane Garden.
If you would like to see the topography and geography of Jerusalem in the map above, just click on the Ter button (stands for terrain). You can also use the Sat button (stands for satellite) to see the land from above - the greenery as well as man-made elements.
Where is Jerusalem located within Israel as a whole or even in the Middle East region? Use the zoom feature above to zoom out and you will see that too.
Hope you enjoyed my Jerusalem Map page and have a better idea of where all the famous sites are located!
Return from Jerusalem Map to the main Jerusalem Travel Guide page
Learn about Jerusalem Private Tours (and our recommended tour guides)
Return to the Israel Facts page
Return to the Home Page
Ask Us a Question About This Topic!
Or Share Something Cool!
Have a question about this Israel topic? Or a suggestion or tip? Maybe even a personal story to share?
Great! Just fill out the fields below and send us your submission...
Copyright 2008-2018 israel-travel-and-tours.com
Click here for the Site Policies