A Recipe For Shakshuka
Shakshuka. Mmmm. This is something you must try at home.
Here is a picture of a shakshuka I made. It doesn't look very inviting - but take my word - it tastes great!
My home-made shakshuka
I will show you how to make it below (note that this is a recipe for two servings)...
- 4 tomatoes, unpeeled – cut those into quarters
- 6 cloves of garlic – chopped rough
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/5 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1 spoon tomato paste
- Pour the oil in a small saucepan and add the garlic. Cook on low
flame for a couple of minutes. Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, paprika
and tomato paste. Bring to a simmer and then cook the whole thing
uncovered, over low heat until you get a thick mush. Stir occasionally.
This should take about 20 minutes or so.
- Break the eggs over your soft tomato mush, and continue to cook over low flame, while covered, for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Bring the saucepan to the table and divide between a couple of plates.
- Enjoy hot with a piece of warm bread or pita.
There you go - if you wanted to know how to cook eggs in a new tasty way - just follow the above instructions.
Return from Shakshuka recipe to the Israel Food page
Return to the Home Page
Ask Us a Question About This Topic!
Or Share Something Cool!
Have a question about this Israel topic? Or a suggestion or tip? Maybe even a personal story to share?
Great! Just fill out the fields below and send us your submission...
Contributions From Other Visitors
Click below to see what other visitors have submitted...
Shakshuka Not rated yet
Dear Gil Hovav, pleased to read your shakshuka recipe, it looks very nice and rich; I must make and test it with my family, I am sure my family test it …
Click here to write your own.
Copyright 2008-2018 israel-travel-and-tours.com
Click here for the Site Policies