A Great Tabouli Recipe
Here is one great tabouli recipe for you. Tabouli or tabouleh is an
awesome Arabic/Mediterranean salad. It is extremely popular in Israel
and goes really well with hummus, tahini, falafel, shawarma, kabobs, etc.
This taboulleh recipe should end up looking like this picture by Sahua.
Important tip before we start: Make sure the ingredients are fresh and that you chop the vegetables as small as humanly possible.
Ingredients (about 3 servings):
- 1 cup fine cracked wheat (known as burghul)
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes
- 2 small cucumbers (sometimes called Persian cucumbers)
- 1 cup finely chopped mint
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley
- 3 finely sliced spring onions
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅓ tsp pepper
How to Make Tabouli:
- Cover the burghul wheat with boiling water and let it stand for about 15-20 minutes until all the water is absorbed.
- Add to the wheat all other above ingredients.
- Mix well until it looks similar to the picture I added.
- Serve the tabouli somewhat chilled.
Some more tabouli. Picture by Roland.
There you go – if you ever wanted to know how to make taboulleh – try this awesome recipe and enjoy!
Return from Tabouli Recipe to the main Israeli Food page
Return to the Home Page
Ask Us a Question About This Topic!
Or Share Something Cool!
Have a question about this Israel topic? Or a suggestion or tip? Maybe even a personal story to share?
Great! Just fill out the fields below and send us your submission...
Copyright 2008-2016 israel-travel-and-tours.com
Click here for the Site Policies