There are plenty of tourist attractions in Israel. Probably hundreds of really interesting places you can visit.
I have a little disclaimer before listing my top ten must-see attractions: This list is based on my own point of view. If you agree/disagree or just want to let me know what your favorite attractions in Israel are then please add your comment at the bottom of the article. Also please note that the list of my top 10 tourist attractions in Israel is presented in no specific order.
Okay, enough said. Here is the list:
1. The Western Wall and the Temple Mount in Jerusalem - the most sacred place for Jewish people.
2. The Church of the Holy Sepulchre - by far the most important place for Christians and the location of Jesus’ tomb.
4. Masada - a fascinating piece of Jewish history is connected to this attraction on top of the mountain. And great archeology too.
5. Tel Aviv Jaffa – one of my favorite cities in the world.
6. The Baha’i gardens in Haifa - If you like aesthetics and beauty the Baha’i gardens and shrine has both and then some.
7. Caesarea – an ancient Roman city on the Mediterranean.
8. The Sea of Galilee - a famous lake with interesting history. Check out the view and the water activities as well.
9. Nazareth – a magnet for pilgrimage with the Church of the Annunciation.
10. Eilat – just for the fun of it. Israel’s Riviera on the Red Sea.
So, those are my top 10 Israel attractions. What are yours?
Leave your comments below...
Have a question about this Israel topic? Or a suggestion or tip? Maybe even a personal story to share?
Great! Just fill out the fields below and send us your submission...
Click below to see what other visitors have submitted...
How Much Fun & Cost of a Trip Not rated yet
Q: How much fun is it and how much does it cost to go there? A: Israel is a lot of fun. As you can see on this website, there is so much to see in …
A Few to Add to the List Not rated yet
Must see: Yad Vashem - Holocaust museum Mapalay Yehudia - Yehudia Waterfalls - 8 waterfalls that flow into each other, a beautiful hike with gorgeous …
Been to Israel Not rated yet
Today is the day to go it is great for a family vacation! Or a great romantic place to go on your honeymoon. I have been and my mom and dad took me we …